Friday, February 27, 2009
Mackenzie's First Pair of Shoes!!!!
Mackenzie's Great Grandmother gave us a check for Mackenzie's birthday so that we could go get her first pair of shoes! We went to Stride Rite yesterday to find out her shoe size and try on some shoes. It was HILARIOUS!!!!! They measured Mackenzie's foot first. She is a 4 1/2 wide. After measuring, I found some really cute sneakers that were white with pink velcro straps. The lady tried to put them on Mackenzie, but she kept curling her toes so that they could not get the shoes on. Finally, after about 5 minutes, they managed to get both shoes on. Mackenzie looked down at them, her face got really red, her mouth turned down and she started to cry. I couldn't help but laugh because it was soooo funny! She did not like shoes being on her foot. I realized she was not going to get used to the cute pink and white shoes, so I found another pair that seemed to be a little more flexible and maybe a little more breathable. After a lot of work, we got those on her feet. She seemed to like this pair of shoes a little more, but when we stood her up, she stood still as if her legs were frozen. She did not understand she could walk with the shoes on. We ended up buying the shoes in hopes that she will get used to them. I let her wear them on the way home and she seemed to get a little more used to them. Well, at least she was not crying. We will see how it goes! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment