Monday, June 1, 2009

Mary Kathryn is here!!!!



































































Well, I have not blogged for a long time! Things have been rather crazy around here now that Mary Kathryn has arrived. We have had a lot of sleepless nights, but that was to be expected. Mary Kathryn ended up being 5 days late, but made her grande appearance on May 4th at 12:52pm. She weighed a whopping 8 pounds, 11 ounces. She came out with a full head of beautiful, wavy black hair. She is a wonderful baby. She only cries when she is hungry or has a dirty diaper. Breastfeeding has been very tough though. To begin with, I was getting very sore and it basically felt like needles whenever she nursed. Now that my pain is gone, she seems to fall asleep during feedings which makes her hungry what feels like ALL day long. Hopefully as she gets older, that problem will subside. Mackenzie basically ignored her the first few days we were home. Now that a month has passed, I think she has started to realize we are not giving her back. She becomes more and more interested every day and loves to give her hugs. I am very excited to see them grow up together. I have always wanted to see what it would be like to have a sister, so I am happy to be able to watch how they interact with each other. Our little family is growing and we feel very blessed to have two healthy little girls!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment