Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Mackenzie's Birthday Bash!
So, Mackenzie's birthday party turned out to be a resounding success!!!! I was a little worried that morning because it was cloudy and misty, but by the time the party rolled around, it was in the mid 70's and sunny! We had the entire party outside, so it was very important that the weather cooperate. I did a princess theme for Mackenzie. She had a tall Princess cake and a small smash cake that matched the big one. When it was time for her to eat her cake, she dug in and threw most of it on the ground. I don't think she understood she could eat it. It was so fun to watch! Doug wanted a keg for all the adults and I think they were very pleased with that decision. We had cheese and pepperoni pizza for food. The kids played in the sand and water table my mom got for Mackenzie and we also had a bubble machine going. I put a bunch of toys in the family room for the kids to play with in case they got bored with outside, but what was I thinking? HAHA! That did not happen at all!! Tollie Medley, a friend in the neighborhood, was nice enough to let us borrow her outside tables and chairs she bought for her son's first birthday. I am so glad we had those! It worked out perfectly. I decorated each table with a bundle of pink balloons. For party favors, I gave out little bags filled with animal crackers, bubbles, a party blower, coloring book and crayons. That went over VERY well! The kids seemed to love the bubbles! We had some left over animal crackers, so Mackenzie and mommy have been enjoying those. Mackenzie only opened one of her birthday gifts while her guests were here because she started to get really tired. We put her down for a nap and Doug and I opened the rest of the gifts after everyone left. We got sooooo many nice things!!!! I think I was more excited about opening the gifts than she was. HAHA. We were so happy the party went so well and even more happy that we had so many nice friends and family to celebrate with!!!!!!!!!! We don't have too much longer till Miss Mary Kathryn arrives and we can go through all of this again! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment